Encapsulated ceramic tiles, combined with lightweight alloy systems, are used to increase vehicle mobility and warfighter safety while reducing armor weight.
REL’s cost effective squeeze cast process is used to integrate ballistic grade materials into a tailored warfighter protection system.
- Encapsulated alumina and silicon carbide ceramic tiles
- Strong, lightweight aluminum and magnesium alloys
- Backer layers made from 3-D woven panels of alumina and carbon fiber
- Integration with steel and titanium alloys for complete system design
Encapsulated Ballistic Panel
- Multi-hit Capable
- Cost Effective Manufacturing